symptoms of cataracts
Cataracts are usually gradual and not painful or associated with any eye redness or other symptoms unless they become extremely advanced. Not all cataracts impair vision or affect daily living. But when they do, common symptoms include:
- Cloudy, fuzzy, foggy or blurry vision.
- Glare from lamps or the sun, which may be severe.
- Dulled color vision
- Difficulty driving at night due to glare from headlights.
- Frequent changes in eyeglass prescription.
- Double vision in one eye
- “Second sight” – one’s reading vision improves as a result of their increased nearsightedness from swelling of the cataract
- Difficulty performing daily activities because of vision problems.
Since many vision changes are gradual, only your eye care provider will be able to tell you when you first develop cataracts. To schedule an eye exam at any of our Eyes On Missouri locations, call 1-866-648-EYES or click here.